What Do I Do If I Think My Lawrenceville Home Has Termites?
July 31, 2022
You’ll never be able to rest from stressing about insects and creatures if you don’t have pest control in Lawrenceville. They’ll be unremitting in their attempts to take over your home. Termites and other wood-destroying critters are tough to combat because you won’t see them immediately. They sit in the soil and behind structures. Thus, evidence of termite damage isn’t always obvious.
About 5 billion American dollars go to termite defense and recovery each year. It’s not considered pertinent by many insurance agencies, so residents often spend their own money. Learn how to notice signs of termites inside your house and how to take action. ProCare Pest Services can be your resource.
What Are Some Signs Of Termites In My Home?
Termites are called larvae when they hatch. They’ll have several molting phases once they’re nymphs. Eventually, they will be adult workers, soldiers, or swarmers. Two years is their maximum lifespan. However, conducive settings will allow queens to survive for ten years.
Workers in this region are usually grayish-white or white and 0.12 of an inch long. They actively dismantle wood while being guarded. Yellow-brown soldiers can handle threats with their fat mandibles and rectangular heads. Swarmers are ½ of an inch long. Wings border their brown, yellow, or black bodies. If they break from reproducing and setting up nests, they’ll sit on fixtures and windowsills. Lights divert their attention.
The following are critical signs of termites inside your house:
- Noticing swarmers
- Finding the shed wings of swarmers
- Seeing quantities of fecal frass close to the mud tubes, holes, and maze patterns of termites
- Walls that sound hollow
- Hearing soft noises from behind foundations
- Seeing paint that is swelling and stripping
- Observing that drywall is shapeless and discolored
- Freeing tiles and squeaking floorboards
- Tight-fitting doors and window frames
It’s imperative that you have annual termite inspections by ProCare Pest Services. Keep in mind that evidence of termite damage won’t promptly surface. An expert will be able to detect indicators, however.
How Quickly Can Termites Destroy A House?
The speed of termite wreckage depends on several factors, including the size of the property and the colony in question. There’s no one answer or concrete number. It could take a couple of years or an even shorter period. Know that these bugs will be devastated by your floors, walls, and bases.
Why Do I Have A Termite Infestation In My Home?
The main things that draw termites to homes are compromised wood, organic material, moisture, soil, and structural voids or cracks. Given this, perform these activities:
- Get rid of wood that is ruined or rotting.
- Fix leaks and moisture glitches as soon as possible. Concentrate on those wetting wood.
- Repair holes in foundations, caulk, and utility lines.
- Put screens on all exterior doors.
- Cleanse gutters and vents on a routine basis.
- Distance wood and plants two feet from the property.
- Like a carpentry panel, make sure free wood doesn’t have contact with soil.
- Mow the grass and trim greenery regularly.
Retail insecticides don’t have the strength or reach for a termite infestation in your home. Still, they can be too toxic to have around people, pets, or vegetation. They also are steep in price. At best, other natural methods provide mild results and come with their hazards.
How Do I Get Rid Of Termites In My Home?
The technicians at ProCare Pest Services will use a liquid barrier for termites that lasts seven years. They’ll also install our Termite Colony Elimination Systems, designed to lure and eradicate these bugs. Monitoring services are attached. Our solutions are safe and industrial-grade. Reach out to us today for a free consultation!
Contact ProCare Pest Services Today!(678) 757-7089
Get started with pest control you can trust when you partner with ProCare Pest Services.