How Do I Get Rid Of Termites In My Marietta Home?
May 15, 2023
Marietta pest control companies know homes in Georgia have a high risk of termite infestations. Our warm temperatures and plenty of rainfall create the perfect environment for termites to thrive. If this dreaded pest has made its way into your home, don’t panic; we are here to help.
Subterranean termites are the most likely type to invade homes in Marietta. This blog post will explain what these termites look like, the damage they can do, and why they may pick your home as their feeding site. Continue reading to learn more about termites and the best way to eliminate these wood-destroying pests on your property.
What Do Termites Look Like?
Termites have long, narrow, oval-shaped bodies. Their appearances vary depending on which caste of the colony they belong to.
Here is a general description of the different kinds of termites we find in a colony:
- Workers comprise most of the colony and have cream-colored bodies that measure less than 1/4 of an inch.
- Soldiers look similar to workers, except they have large brown mandibles.
- The reproductive alates are between 1/4 and 1/2 an inch in size, with dark brown bodies and translucent milky-colored wings.
- The queen and king are part of the reproductive caste, with the queen being the largest termite in the colony.
You likely have an infestation if you have seen reproductive flying termites around your property or notice discarded wings near windows and doors. Contact ProCare Pest Services for assistance with effective termite control in Marietta.
How Much Damage Can Termites Cause In My Home?
Subterranean termites can cause more damage to homes than most other types of termites. These pests work silently within your home, eating the wood 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Their saw-toothed jaws chew through the wood one piece at a time.
Over time, these termites can cause significant structural damage. If you catch a termite infestation in its early stages, you can keep the damage to a minimum. Regular termite inspections from ProCare Pest Services are the most effective way to spot an infestation early and protect your Marietta home from damage.
Why Does My House Have Termites?
An infestation starts with reproductive eastern subterranean termite swarmers choosing your property because the conditions suit them for nesting and feeding.
Here are some of the most likely factors that attract them to your home:
- Water that pools near the foundation of your home
- Areas with wood-to-soil contact around the structure of your house
- Moisture issues, such as high humidity levels or leaks
- Soft, water-damaged wood in and around your house
- Piles of firewood close to the house
- Any cracks or gaps larger than 1/16 of an inch that will allow them access to your house
Working with a local termite company is the easiest way to determine what attracts this pest to your home. ProCare Pest Services can eliminate your termite problem and help you find ways to prevent them from returning.
What's The Best Way To Get Rid Of Termites In My House?
Termites are challenging pests to eliminate and nearly impossible to get rid of without professional help. It takes a thorough inspection of your property to locate the termites and determine the best treatment plan for your home.
ProCare Pest Services will find the best way to get rid of termites on your property and help you protect your home from future infestations. Contact us today to schedule an inspection or to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Marietta.
Contact ProCare Pest Services Today!(678) 757-7089
Get started with pest control you can trust when you partner with ProCare Pest Services.