Say Goodbye To Cockroaches: The Most Effective Treatment For Your Lawrenceville Home
July 21, 2023
Cockroaches are invasive insects that have reproduction rates and can infest your home in a short amount of time. Homeowners often aren't concerned if they see one or two roaches crawling around their homes. However, seeing a single cockroach isn't necessarily a good thing. There is a good chance that if you find one cockroach in your home, there are several more hiding in the deepest crevices of your home.
At ProCare Pest Services, we are committed to keeping your home cockroach-free. Our Lawrenceville pest control specialists know the latest and most effective cockroach control tips and tricks that you can try to keep these disgusting bugs out of your home.
Types Of Cockroaches: Identifying Common Species
There are several different types of cockroaches found in Lawrenceville. Some of the different roaches that you are likely to see roaming around your home include:
- Smokybrown cockroach: This roach is usually about 1 ½ inches long and has a dark brown body. It has a pair of wings on its back that are longer than its body and can fly long distances.
- German cockroach: This small species typically measures ½ to ? inches long. They usually have light-brown bodies with two dark lines running parallel down their backs. While they do have wings, they rarely fly.
- Oriental cockroach: Measuring around an inch long, these cockroaches have shiny black bodies that always look wet. They like to hang out in dark and damp areas and are called "waterbugs."
- Brown-banded cockroach: This roach measures ½ -inch long and has a dark brown body with two tan or light brown bands. Both males and females have wings, but only males' wings are large enough to fly.
- American cockroach: Measuring anywhere from 1 ¼ inches to 2 ½ inches, the American cockroach is the largest type of roach you are likely to find in your home. They typically have reddish-brown bodies and a yellow marking on their head that is in a figure-eight pattern. Both males and females have wings and can fly, but they rarely do. Instead, they prefer to run or walk everywhere.
All these roaches in this area can sneak and are great at hiding and staying out of sight. Some bugs will even use your home's drains and plumbing system to travel freely without being seen.
Health Risks: Cockroaches Spread Diseases And Trigger Allergies
Some roaches are known to carry a wide range of harmful pathogens. If they can get into your home, they can spread these dangerous viruses and diseases to you. Some of the most common illnesses homeowners have contracted after having a roach infestation in their homes include E. coli infections, gastroenteritis, salmonellosis, and typhoid fever.
In addition to spreading dangerous diseases, the roach's fecal matter, urine, and saliva can also cause severe allergic reactions and asthma attacks in some people.
The Benefits Of Professional Cockroach Control: Why Expertise Matters
Roaches can hide in your attic, behind your walls, drains, and other hard-to-access areas of your home. If you have a roach infestation inside your home, the only way to ensure the treatment of every roach is to hire a professional cockroach control specialist. A professional will know often and where to apply the treatments to eliminate and prevent a roach infestation.
Preventing Cockroach Infestations: Tips For A Roach-Free Home
If you want to keep cockroaches out of your home, the best thing you can do is call us as soon as possible. At ProCare Pest Services, we can get rid of the roaches in your Lawrenceville home and prevent them from coming back.
Contact ProCare Pest Services Today!(678) 757-7089
Get started with pest control you can trust when you partner with ProCare Pest Services.