Pest Control In Dunwoody, GA
Dunwoody, GA is a relatively new town. Established officially in 2008, Dunwoody is a northern suburb of Atlanta and currently has just under 50,000 residents. The city is filled with historical landmarks, and its beautiful weather and proximity to Atlanta make it appealing to those looking to settle down. As a result of more people moving into the area, DeKalb County pest control needs have started to rise. At ProCare Pest Services, we are prepared to meet this rising demand and keep Dunwoody homes and businesses pest-free. Read on to learn how!
Residential Pest Control In Dunwoody
When considering which company to call upon when your home is in a crisis, you deserve nothing but the very best. For almost a decade, ProCare Pest Services has been serving Dunwoody residents and providing them with the highest-quality residential pest control services. Our expert technicians are constantly continuing their education to meet new industry standards and provide the most advanced services to our clients.
It’s never too early to secure residential pest control services for your home. As the human population continues to grow in Dunwoody, the pest population will also boom, and it becomes a matter of when the pests invade, not if. When that happens, ProCare Pest Services is ready to assist, no matter what type of infestation you have, and no matter how severe it is. We are prepared -- give us a call today!
How The Pros In Dunwoody Can Protect Your Home Against Termites
Termites are incredibly difficult to spot, and even harder to treat. Unfortunately, if these pests are left uninterrupted, they are capable of causing irreparable damage to your home. At best, they might cost you thousands of dollars in repair. At worst, they will compromise the structural integrity of your home completely. Termites always demand professional help. Consider their life cycle:
- Termite eggs: The problem begins at the start of the termite’s life, when the eggs are laid. These eggs are small and white in color.
- Nymphs: Once the termite eggs hatch, they become what are called nymphs, As they grow, they will molt, shedding their skins. They develop into whatever form of adult their colony needs.
- Castes: Despite the destruction they cause, termites are quite fascinating, as they have castes within their colonies. If enough of one cast gets exterminated, the other fully grown termites can molt again, growing into that caste and taking over that role.
At ProCare Pest Services, our expert termite control technicians arrive trained and ready to root out the source of your infestation, possibly saving you thousands, or even your entire house. Don’t let these pests ruin your home -- get a termite inspection on the books today!
The Secret To Keeping Mosquitoes Away From Your Dunwoody Yard
Did you know that there are 63 different types of mosquitoes here in Dunwoody? Unfortunately, each and every one of them are obnoxious and capable of spreading harmful diseases to you and your family. While the most effective way to keep them out of your yard is to have a professional treatment sprayed, there are several things we all can do to cut back on the number of mosquitoes hanging around:
- Remove standing water: Whether it’s in the form of a puddle in your yard, the bird bath, rain-filled buckets, or clogged gutters, any form of standing water on your property should be removed. Mosquitoes flock to these because the still water is the perfect place to lay their eggs.
- Maintain your yard: Organic debris like leaf litter and grass clippings are also very attractive to mosquitoes. By regularly cleaning up your yard and keeping it free of this type of natural clutter, you make the place less appealing to these obnoxious pests.
- Citronella candles: If you’re in a pinch and need to try to quickly repel mosquitoes from your yard, it does sometimes help to burn citronella candles in the area you’re going to be hanging out in.
Ultimately, the only way to really keep the mosquitoes out of your yard indefinitely this summer is to have a professional from ProCare Pest Services perform a specialized mosquito treatment. If you want to actually enjoy spending time outside in your yard this summer, give us a call to schedule an appointment today!
The Truth About House Flies In Your Dunwoody Home
Here in Georgia, there are many different types of flies. Despite this, most of them are attracted to similar things, so having some conducive conditions could mean a whole host of pests are zeroing in on your home. Below are some reasons why you might be seeing an influx of flies on your property:
- Rotting fruits: One of the most common things that attract all types of flies is rotting produce. If you have thrown trash out with rotting produce, or you have a fruit tree in your yard that’s constantly dropping fruits, you will find many flies buzzing around your property.
- Moisture: Flies find their way into our homes for a number of reasons, but moist, humid conditions are especially appealing to them. Should you have leaky pipes in your home or hoses or spigots outside, you will likely find the flies are not too far off.
- Garbage: Much like yellow jackets, flies are attracted to human trash. Be sure to properly seal your garbage cans and regularly empty them to cut down on the presence of flies.
At ProCare Pest Services, we specialize in pinpointing these conducive conditions and keeping your home free of the many types of flies we have here in Dunwoody. For help getting these obnoxious pests to buzz off, call today!
How To Solve Pest Problems In Dunwoody Without Harming The Environment
Taking an environmentally friendly approach to address pest issues is essential. Here are some strategies you can use at any time:
- Prevention is critical: If you don't know where to begin, start by implementing preventive measures like sealing cracks in doors, windows, and foundations to prevent entry points for pests.
- Keep a healthy, diverse yard: Natural predators like ladybugs can effectively control garden pests. When the ecosystem on your property is balanced, keeping unwanted pests out is more manageable.
- Combine multiple strategies: Using prevention strategies and employing targeted products only when necessary will reduce the need for treatments later.
- Ask about our organic and non-toxic solutions: If preferred, we strive to minimize environmental harm by using low-impact, all-organic pest control services. Not only are they highly effective, but they are also safe for your children and pets.
- Don't neglect waste management: Cleaning outdoor areas, removing potential food sources or standing water that may attract pests, and regularly removing trash are essential tasks that help keep pests away and prevent infestations.
- Consult with professionals: If your pest problem persists, we can provide eco-friendly strategies and expert guidance to tackle the issue.
Effectively addressing an infestation is possible with conscious practices that minimize environmental harm and promote a healthy ecosystem. Call us today to learn more about our services for eco-friendly pest control in Dunwoody.
What's Attracting Ants To My Dunwoody Home?
There are endless reasons why you could be attracting ants to your home in Dunwoody. Understanding the most common ones can help you address the issue effectively.
First, remember that most pests are attracted to easily accessible food, even small crumbs or spills. Ensure your kitchen and dining areas are clean, and store your foodstuffs in tightly sealed containers.
Also, ants need water to survive. Check for leaky pipes and faucets or areas with standing water. Fix what you find and ensure you have proper drainage around your property.
Additionally, ants can enter your home through tiny cracks, including the gaps around windows and doors or cracks in the foundation. Sealing them is essential.
Another reason why you may have ants is the presence of attractive outdoor food sources. Look for food waste, uncovered trash cans, or overripe fruits in your yard, and eliminate them immediately.
Addressing these factors can make your home less attractive to ants and reduce the likelihood of an infestation, but if the problem persists, we can help. Call Procare Pest Services today to learn more about our ant control strategies.
Five Tips To Avoid Bed Bug Bites In Dunwoody
No one likes to be bitten by pests during the night. These five tips can help you avoid a bed bug problem in your home:
- Inspect your sleeping area. Whether staying in a hotel or renting a place, we always recommend thoroughly inspecting the bed before settling in, including the mattress seams and nearby furniture, for dark stains, eggs, or live bugs.
- Use protective covers. Encase your mattress and box spring with bed bug-proof covers to create an effective barrier that makes it easier to detect and eliminate bed bugs if they are present.
- Keep your luggage elevated. Keep your bags on a rack or elevated surface rather than directly on the floor to reduce the chances of bed bugs crawling into them.
- Launder your clothes on high heat. When returning from a trip, wash your clothes using hot water and high heat to kill bed bugs.
- Be cautious with used furniture. If you're buying second-hand items or accepting hand-me-downs, inspect them for signs of bed bugs before bringing them into your home.
These preventive measures effectively minimize the risk of encountering bed bugs and avoiding their bites. Still, if you suspect a bed bug infestation in your home, seeking professional assistance for effective elimination is the way to go. Call ProCare Pest Services today to get started.
Are Cockroaches In Dunwoody Dangerous?
Yes, cockroaches in Dunwoody can pose many risks. They are considered nuisances and can harm your health and belongings.
First, cockroaches often carry bacteria and pathogens. These unhygienic invaders often spend time in unsanitary environments, picking up pathogens and bringing them to our homes.
Once there, it's only a matter of time until they contaminate your property. In fact, salmonella, E. coli, and staphylococcus are common with cockroach infestation.
And, if their allergens are around your home, they can trigger reactions, especially if you have respiratory issues.
Additionally, roaches can cause damage to your belongings by chewing on books, fabrics, and even wallpaper. They may also leave behind unpleasant odors. Taking a cockroach infestation seriously and promptly addressing it is vital.
If good sanitation practices and sealing entry points are insufficient, you need appropriate cockroach control measures to help prevent and eliminate infestations. ProCare Pest Services can help with top-rated strategies. Contact us for a free quote today.
Contact ProCare Pest Services Today!(678) 757-7089
Get started with pest control you can trust when you partner with ProCare Pest Services.