Have You Seen Roaches Around Your Marietta Home?
August 02, 2023
At ProCare Pest Services, we know that cockroaches are some of the most feared types of home-invading pests that Georgia homeowners have to deal with. While these pests are rarely known to bite and cannot sting, many people dread seeing these filthy creatures inside their homes because they are known for spreading various bacteria everywhere they go.
If you see even one roach inside your home, you will need to contact a cockroach exterminator in Marietta, at your convenience. In the meantime, here is everything you need to know about identifying and dealing with a roach infestation in your home.
What Kind Of Cockroaches Live In Marietta?
Marietta has warm and humid temperatures throughout most of the year; this is the perfect climate for roaches. Because of these favorable conditions, more types of roaches are found in this part of the state than are typically found in one location, making roach removal more difficult. Some of the different roaches that you might be seeing around your Marietta home include:
- Wood cockroach: These roaches are usually around 1 inch long and have dark brown. The males have long wings that are typically longer than their bodies. The females also have wings, but their wings are much shorter, and only the males can fly.
- American cockroach: These are one of the largest types of roaches in this part of Georgia. They can measure over 2 inches long and have reddish-brown bodies with a light-yellow marking in the shape of a figure-eight on the back of their head.
- Brown-banded cockroach: Usually measures about 1/2 half inch long. The brown-banded cockroach gets its name from the two light brown bands that wrap around its dark-brown body.
- Oriental cockroach: Also known as "waterbug," the oriental cockroach is about an inch long and has a dark body that always has a glossy shine to it.
- German cockroach: One of the most common roaches in this area. The German cockroach measures about a ½ -inch long and has a light-brown body with two dark stripes that run parallel down its back.
Complete cockroach extermination can be difficult because these cockroaches like to stay in dark places and will usually run away as soon as you turn on the lights. However, the wood cockroach tends to be less skittish than other roaches and will be more likely to roam out in the open.
How Cockroaches Get Into Marietta Homes
All cockroaches tend to have flat bodies that allow them to slide through the tiny crevices of your home easily. Usually, a roach will look for a crack or gap in the exterior walls of your home to enter. However, they can also come inside by flying or accidentally being brought inside after infesting furniture or other second-hand objects. A professional cockroach control technician will be able to assess your unique situation and determine why cockroaches are inside your home.
Why Seeing One Roach Means More Are Nearby
Cockroaches can quickly reproduce. Instead of laying individual eggs, a female roach will lay egg capsules containing up to 30 eggs in one sac. Once the eggs hatch, the young roaches tend to stay with their family throughout their lives, and they will continue to live together in one large group. If you spot one roach scurrying across your floors, you should have your home inspected by a cockroach exterminator to make sure that no more roaches are hiding behind the walls or other structures of your home.
Call The Marietta Pest Professionals At The First Sign Of Cockroaches
If you are seeing even one roach in your home, don't hesitate to call the professionals at ProCare Pest Services today. We are the most trusted home pest control company in Marietta, and we can get rid of the roaches fast.
Contact ProCare Pest Services Today!(678) 757-7089
Get started with pest control you can trust when you partner with ProCare Pest Services.